Last updated on 1 August 20221. Summary
Sports Awake ("we", "us", "our" or "Sports Awake") is a London-based sports website, providing sports coverage in the UK and the rest of the world. We mainly cover football transfers and news.
This Privacy Notice explains and tells you what type of data we collect, why we collect it and how we use it. It applies only to our online activities and is valid for visitors to our website with regard to the information that they share or collect. This policy does not apply to third-party websites.
Upon interacting with our platform, we may collect certain data about you. This may include information you share with us yourself through our newsletter subscription, creation of a personal profile, posting of comments or submission of content. We might collect information such as your name, email address, and other information you may share with us.
By using our Services, we also collect the following information in accordance with applicable law:
- The pages you view and how long you spend on those pages.
- Your name and email address are received when you register for an account, when you complete any of our surveys, subscribe to our newsletter, or join any of our promotions or competitions.
- Location data, unique identifiers, browser and device type , internet protocol (IP) address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), data and time stamp and referral URLs.
- Information and discussions on our comment boxes and how users behave on our website, ranging from their preferences and the pages they visit.
Your data is very important to us for the following reasons:
- Improve and personalise our Services.
- Detect, prevent, and investigate illegal activities like fraud and cheating.
- Examine and study how you use our website.
- Introduce new services and features which may interest you.
- To provide you with updates and changes to our Service.
- Send you an email in relation to our Service.
- To deal with user complaints and enquiries while using our Service.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. They are a string of numbers or letters that websites transfer to a visitor's computer or browser.
Most of the information that we collect from our users is through these cookies. We usually use these cookies to understand how you use our website and to provide you with the required services. The cookies store user preferences so we can keep providing you with your desired content. We may use the Google analytics service to evaluate your usage of our website in order to better serve you. These cookies also help us to serve relevant advertisements that may interest you.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. However, some of our Services may not function as they should when you disable cookies.5. Advertising
Our website users are mostly sports lovers who are interested in sports news and transfers. Our Service is funded by advertising revenues as a result of showing users those advertising contents through the information we obtain.
Your data's security is very important to you, and we pledge to accurately secure it through specialised means. We employ password protection to guard and shield your data against illegitimate use, loss, and theft.
When possible, encryption is deployed to keep your data safe and secure. You can change or delete your data whenever you wish. In the case of newsletters, you have the right to unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. You also have the ability to decline cookies by modifying your browser settings.
If you are in Europe, you can visit allaboutcookies.org or youronlinechoices.eu to disable your cookies. You can visit aboutads.info/choices if you are anywhere else.7. How long do we store your data
We store your data as long as you keep using our Services. When you cease using our Services, we keep your information for a period of three years.8. GDPR data protection rights
You have the right to request a copy of your data, to either transfer it or erase it. You have the right to request that we correct any incorrect information or complete your incomplete information. You also have the right to request that we cease from processing your personal data, withdraw your consent at any time, and object to any direct marketing. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to exercise any of these rights.